IBEDC formally came into existence on 1st November 2013 as part of the unbundling of the electricity sector. We cover the largest franchise area in Nigeria, made up of –Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Kwara and parts of Niger, Ekiti and Kogi states. To ensure effective and competent management of such a large network, we are organized into five regions, namely Oyo, Ibadan, Osun, Ogun & Kwara regions, the regions are made up of Business Hubs. Each region is manned by a Regional Head and supported by Regional Commercial and Technical Managers.
We are a focused and customer friendly institution, satisfying our customers is the fulcrum of our distribution, marketing and billing operations. We are determined to be the best distribution company in the country and this vision is entrenched in the values of the company.
IBEDC has brought together a team of driven and professional individuals who are resilient and performance driven. Our ethos is a culture of open communication and oneness.
Our corporate head office is in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state.
Board of Directors’ Directory
Dr. Olatunde John Ayeni -Chairman
Capt. (Dr.) Idahosa Wells Okunbo -Director
Mr. Alex Okoh/Mr. Mohammad Abdullahi (Alternate) -Director
Dr. Sola Ayandele -Director
Mr. Daniel Kunle -Director
Mr. Garth Dooley -Director
Mr. John Donnachie -Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
Mrs. Seye Alayande -Company Secretary
Distributing power, changing lives
To be the best power distribution company in Nigeria
Our Core Values
- Delivering excellent service to the customers through an efficient, safe and reliable power supply system that would power industrial growth, generate employment and improve the quality of life of customers in the franchise.
- Exceed the expectations of customers and stakeholders through corporate re-engineering, investment in Enumeration, Metering, Billing and Human Capital Development.
- Increase additional electronic payment channels, especially on the increasing pre-paying electricity subscribers.
- Tailored account management/service delivery to Maximum Demand customers.
CUSTOMERS WITH ELECTRICITY HAVE POWER
Private investment -management mandated to success
- MERALCO: Proven track record and skills
- High standard of local leadership
- High level of technical expertise and competence
- Results to date
Ability to win the hearts and minds of customers.
Customers are key to success
- Transparency: about supply and capability
- Service delivery focus and passion
- Make interaction with IBEDC simpler and faster
When we provide electricity, people's day-to-day circumstances change for the better on all levels
- Electricity = increased jobs and normal home life
We are re-engineering our company and staff to focus on customers, service delivery and excellence
- Professional standards
- Top performers