For Point Load Projects
For all categories of point load approval request the following criteria must be strictly observed:
- All distribution materials/equipment must be purchased from a reputable company.
- Old and refurbished transformers or other equipment are not acceptable.
- Transformers must conform to IBEDC standard specification.
- All categories of transformer installed for industrial/commercial purpose are to be metered at the primary side.
- Competence of contractor involved in project execution must be supported by his status as an Electrical Contractor (either Federal Ministry of Power Registered Category 1 or COREN Registered Engineer).
- The installation should be in accordance with IBEDC standard specifications. Special attention must be paid to the following:
- Aluminium conductor must be of 150mm2 cross sectional area and AAC type.
- Pre-stressed reinforced concrete pole dug to 1.8m (6ft) depth.
- Poles erected in marshy or low density soil area must be properly beamed at the base.
- Bracket Post Insulator Mountmust be used on intermediate pole in place of Cross Arm.
- Overhead line conductor must be supported by Silicon Insulator in place of the Porcelain type.
- The clearance of the HT line from all structures must not be less than 5.5 meters on either side.
- IBEDC PC&M crew will test the installation and the customer will rectify any detected defect before commissioning of the project.
- Upon energization of the project, all equipment/materials connected to IBEDC Network shall become the Company’s (IBEDC) property.
- The LV and HV cables must have at least five metres (4m) loop each.
- In case of a transformer with outdoor bushings, the transformer plinth must not be lower than 1.2m above the ground level.
- The substation must be metal-grill fenced with proper gravelling.
- Authorized IBEDC personnel should inspect and certify the materials/equipment provided before commencement of the project.
The contractor is required, therefore, to submit the following documents:
- Original of Manufacturer’s Test Certificate for the transformer and other equipment.
- Original receipts of all the materials and equipment purchased overseas
- Local Manufacturer’s Certificate, in case of locally purchased materials/equipment and certificate of importation, in case of materials/equipment purchased overseas.
- Particulars of the Licensed Electrical Contractor who will undertake the construction.
- Written guarantee for the replacement of the transformer and other equipment that fall within one year from the date of commissioning of the project.